Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Untitled design (4)
It surprised me how long it took. Not too long ago, we had cement poured to extend our driveway. The first day the crew put the forms together to create the boundary for the cement. The following morning, a cement truck pulled up and began pouring the cement into the designated areas. Just a short while later, the cement was poured and the truck was gone. I thought the rest of the crew would be leaving soon, and we would just have to wait for the cement to dry.

Boy, was I wrong. The next 6 to 8 hours the workers used tools to continue to level off the cement as it dried to ensure it settled properly. Occasionally they would hose it down with water to keep it moist and continue to use the levels to make sure the surface was smooth. It was a tedious job. A long tedious job.

This process and the unexpected time it took after the cement was poured reminded me about my spiritual journey. I’m often surprised at the time and effort that’s required to continue to walk with Jesus after my initial decision to do so. I unknowingly expect things to go more quickly, with less resistance, or to come more easily (like being patient or kind) because I’m already a child of God.

Continue reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment