Monday, October 27, 2014

Perspective Shift

It’s Monday! Again. Sheesh, does every week have to have a Monday?

Can I be honest? I’m feeling a bit worn down today. How about you? Some weeks I can attack a Monday with stealth speed, accomplishing more in one day it seems then I do the entire rest of the week.  That is not today. I am artificially pumping alertness into my bloodstream and readjusting my expectations for the day.

So today, in fact right at this moment, is a great time to remind us both of the name of God, Jehovah- Sabaoth, the Lord of Hosts. The God who shows up when we are between a rock and a hard place. The God who is there when a problem, concern, situation or relationship is a Goliath in our path.

How’s your perspective today? Are you being limited by what you can see? Perspective is never just what we see, it’s how we view what we see. Can I challenge you and me at the same time? To shift our perspective so that we don’t simply see the battles before us, but the Lord of Hosts who fights our battles?

Ephesians 6:12 says “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

I know it’s easy for me to forget the real battle.  The battles in my marriage, with my kids, in relationships, in the workplace aren’t really the battles at all.  Oh sure, there are issues and things that need attention and resolve.  But the battle, the real battle? The truth is there is spiritual battle FOR my marriage, FOR my children, FOR my relationships.  Those are the spiritual battles being fought in unseen places.

Let us not grow weary in doing good (Gal 6:9). May God shift our perspective to the Lord of Hosts who fights our battles for us. Stay in His Word today. Talk to Him in prayer today. Know that He is near to the brokenhearted (Ps 34:18) and that if He is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31).

Fight the good fight today! Stop right where you are and ask God to open your heart and eyes to see things the way He does. Run to His Word for power and truth.

1 comment: